Thursday, March 25, 2010

Facebook Frustration

Those of you that know me well know that I have had a resistance to jumping on board with Facebook and similar networks.  Personally I still do not wish to join, but after great consideration I have humbly accepted that it is indeed amongst the best ways to spread word about the project.  However last night I was up way too late trying to get it done.

Over the weekend my 22 year old cousin patiently showed me the ropes of this popular site.  I thought I would easily be able to come back home and cross the project over to the social network world.  Wrong.  I tirelessly activated and deactivated the account out of fear that I hadn't done it right.  Clearly I realized I still needed some help, and felt as though I was the only person in my generation who was clueless to such things. In total frustration I called my boyfriend to vent.  He is very positive and great for seeking the good in bad situations. Our conversation was helpful in this way, and I had to laugh inside when he offered, "Isn't there some help number you can call?"  The irony that in a world that boasts the glories of virtual communication, sometimes we still need the human connection and that voice to really help us get what we want. With that being said, it is my goal today to get a tutorial from someone or to find that number!

No comments:

Post a Comment