Thursday, March 18, 2010

Focus Groups

In holding fast to my social work roots I have decided to hold a series of focus groups prior to conducting the interviews with the women.  It is my hope that this will do a few things:
  1. Provide me with valuable insight into what others hope to learn from the interviews and whatever potential publication the 30/30 Project should produce.
  2. Allow for a greater sense of connection to the 30/30 Project for those who are following.
  3. Create more structure to the entire process.
For those of you that know me well you know that I function best on a schedule.  By incorporating various focus groups throughout the project there will be dates in place that will naturally help guide the long term goal.  At least that's the plan, clearly this is all a work in progress! I am also realizing that I need to have an organized way to get input on what not only I, but others, want to know about life at 30 and beyond.

My target audience for the 2010 Spring Focus Groups is women ages 27 to 33, although exceptions can clearly be made.  If you are interested in participating please visit the 30/30 Project website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment