Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Support

Last night I attended a kick off dinner for the Women's Leadership Mentoring Program (WLMP).  I was recently accepted to this collaborative program, of Chicago Women in Philathropy (CWIP) and the Chicago Chapter of the Younger Women's Leadership Task Force (YWTF), designed to provide mentoring relationships between emerging and established professionals. It was a wonderfully invigorating evening and my mentor and I are great match.  We had no problem talking nonstop!  I am excited and honored for the opportunity to grow professionally while learning from her over the next year through this competitive program.  An added benefit is also becoming a part of a new phenominal network of professional women!

The evening also led to gaining a great deal of support for the 30/30 Project!  My mentor is very intrguied to learn more about the project, as were board members of the YWTF.  They discussed with me various ways that we may be able to collaborate and expand the reach of the project to people beyond my current network.  Their shared enthusiasm for the potential of the 30/30 Project was thrilling.  Especially considering YWTF is a national network of women!

Stay tuned I hope to have more to share on this soon.  In the meantime visit the Chicago Chapter YWTF website to see some of the clear connections between their work and the 30/30 Project.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, Erin! Congrats on being part of this group- sounds like a wonderful opportunity professionally and personally. I look forward to catching up soon. I'm on spring break this week but will be back next week. I'll be in touch! Congrats on getting started on everything including the blogging and Facebook adventures!

    ReplyDelete