Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not A Crisis

As I mentioned in a previous post I have started reading Midlife Crisis at 30.  The book very interesting, and in someways very similar to the work I am hoping to do.  However unlike this book I do not have the perspective that I, or other young women like me, are at a place of crisis.  Quite the contrary really.  To me this is a time when I have much behind me that has positioned me in a place to boldly and thoughtfully approach the years ahead.  Sure with opportunity and options there can be pressure which is can be coupled with stress, but by no means do I personally consider this to be a crisis. 

The first 30/30 Project Focus Group is taking place tomorrow and will be focusing on Careers & Education.  I will be interested to hear the perspective of other young women on these topics, as well as their perspective on the idea of a midlife crisis at 30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment